Search This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Nesting Planks Crossings Installation !!!


What can go wrong if you install the crossings for your ceiling nesting planks wrongly ???

This was what I came across at one new BH that I am taking over to nurse it to its original intention.

The BH has been into operation for almost 1.5 years and the result so far is only ten nests.

While inspecting the BH I discovered something that might be of interest to all my blog readers.

One very unusual thing that I have never came across are those nesting planks crossings.

The previous contractor was obviously very greedy and wanted the main row to be installed with a dual stack wood system.

The dual stack are made up of one piece of 8 inches by 1 inch plank sandwiched by two thick wood of about 4 inches by 2 inches each.

The irony was the way the crossings were installed.

After getting the dual stacks in placed the contractor installed those crossing at the lower part of the dual stacks.

Have a good look at the pictures provided.

Well what can go wrong with this kind of installation?

The answer is simple.  Those birds seems to love building their nests on the top of the crossing planks.

Look at the additional pictures posted.

I think the nesting planks should be shortened and push to the ceiling and not at the lower stack.

This was one of my recommendation to the BH owner.

I am sure my idea make more senses than the previous orientation.

Those who would like to see my revamp works please call 017 7551318.








No comments: