Sunday, November 15, 2015
Besut BH: This BH Was Abandoned For 1 Year Plus !!!
A beautiful BH that was abandoned by its owner for one year plus.
The owner put it aside to concentrate on other business.
A pity that it was left to rot.
I was invited to give a honest opinion on what can be wrong with the BH.
I took about 1 hour to travel from Tumpat to its location.
Once arrived I was quite impressed with the BH outside finishing.
However its very closed proximity to residential area make me a little worried.
Upon about 45 minutes inside the BH I told the owner roughly what were wrong with his BH.
1) The main entrance hole was not facing either the morning sun or the flying home path. Both were ignored during construction. This tells me that the owner and his contractor have very little knowledge in almost all the things about swiftlet
2) There was nothing attractive on the monkey house structure. No hexagonal tweeter, no bazooka, no power tweeter and so on to make the roof top attractive.
3) The number of external sound tweeters were too little around the window frame.
4) I was very concerned with the tall grass and some small trees that were touching the BH external walls. There was no walk way around the building and all those tall grass were like climbing the BH walls. This I think will invite a lot of unwanted predators to enter the BH or perhaps make their home inside the BH.
5) The data room looks okay however the amplifiers used were not impressive.
6) I was not impressed with the internal sound used. It does not have many young baby birds sound on it or on its background.
7) The BH was totally dry and there was no water from its taps. Owner confirmed that he neglected his BH in total and the pump used to suck well water up to the storage tank was faulty.
8) This BH was short and it used this elevator shaft hole system. One straight hole about 10'X10' to the bottom.
9) The bright light entering the main entrance hole was not properly controlled.
10) All his air ventilation holes stopped at those 90* elbows. He did not install any pipe extension to reduce the bright lights.
11) Every floor was with not a single partition wall. Open concept and no room to go and hide.
Its a common BH with a lot of an attended issues.
The BH owner now realized his mistakes and wanted my help to tell him what and how to reactivate his stranded BH.
There were about 20-30 nests and mainly on the lowest and the top floors.
I hope I can find some time to prepare my visit report today.
God bless him.