Sunday, November 22, 2015
Pasir Mas BH No 1: Visited on November 21st 2015 !!!
I was very glad when my old friend met in University Malaya called me asking me for my expertise.
How he found me was via a whatsapp group chat.
He was shown a picture sent by one member and immediately recalled who I was.
He got my contact number and called me to view his ailing BH.
It was a big surprised but he was lucky that one member of the group was also in need of my BH inspection services.
I put the two together and both agreed to bare my expenses and a professional fee.
Upon arriving at his BH, the rain came heavily and we sat in his car watching his BH from a far.
I started to analyse and gave him some ideas what I saw from a distant.
First I asked him which direction is the sun moving in relation to his BH.
After that question I asked him which direction the birds flew home every evening.
After listening to his answers I told him what can be wrong looking on the outside.
1) I told him that his main entrance hole is facing the wrong direction. He should have open the wall facing the bird's flying home path and not any other directions.
2) Since the flying home direction is not from the west to the east, I mentioned to him the need of one more hole to allow the morning light to guide all his birds to fly out in the morning.
3) He showed me another hole that he open much lower then the monkey house wall. It was not installed with any external sound tweeters. Why he did that was unknown however this bare hole seems to be the most likable by his tenants.
4) His DIY hexagonal tweeter was not at the right location. I explained to his where he should relocate it.
5) After entering his data room I quickly adjusted his amplifiers settings.
6) The BH internal was full of errors due to little knowledge about what those birds likes and dislikes.
7) One very obvious was where the connecting window/door was located to allow those wild birds to fly into the nesting rooms. I explained to him what is happening with the current set up where his birds cannot find the LAL and will not fly downstairs.
8) He need to reorganize all his current walls and he must make sure that every birds that enter and leaves his BH have to fly above the LAL hole.
9) His external sound tweeters arrangement around the main entrance, at the windows and inside the nesting room make me amused and shook my head. The person who do those installations have very little clue what they are up to. The best advise is to remove all and use AG 35 tweeters in accordance to my recommendations.
10) One very poor planning was the use of triple stack nesting planks arrangements on all his ceiling. This poor design make it very difficult to lure those wild birds inside since they have very little space to fly freely. It also make it very difficult to give the right solution on how to arrange those tweeters.
11) I found that he hung many bottles filled with raw nest water. This must be the residue left by an unqualified consultant I called Dr F. The hung bottles were mote like a light pole in the dark.
12) The internal sound tweeters were installed not to lure those wild birds to cling to it but more for the hanging of those raw nest water bottles.
13) The BH floor was filled with old bird shit. These shits must be old since I cannot smell any fermented bird shit.
14) The external sound used was Black Cloud and I think it have lapse its effectiveness.
15) The internal sound was baby king but I prefer my super baby king sound.
16) There was not a single fake nests found any where inside this BH. To me this is a big mistake.
17) I recommended the use of dual external sounds.
18) I also put forward the idea of using dual internal sounds.
I hope he will follow my recommendations to the dot.