Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Tumpat BH No 2: With Almost 2000 Nests Inside !!!
Last Sunday November 15th 2015 I was taken to view this heavily populated for the second time.
"Pak Harry is there a chance to increase the nests population?" he asked my opinion.
Most people will think that once their BH is heavily populated there is nothing more to do.
Just harvest every month and who cares what is wrong with their BH.
They might be right but to me they should always think hard on how to improve their nests quality and quantity.
This Tumpat No 2 BH seems to face the following I would say sickness:
1) The number of nests have dropped by about 40-50% within the last few years. It used to be 30 kg a harvest but now can't get 10 kg per harvest.
2) Most of the birds staying inside this BH seems to stay on the top most floor. The ground floor have lesser then 30%.
3) During every harvest I can safely predict that the corner shaped nests will form about 70% while the rest are those 180* shaped. There seems to be little or non activities to reverse the percentage.
4) The number of external tweeters around the main entrance area are none except for the two horn tweeter at the steel framed door.
5) I do not see any hexagonal tweeter anywhere around the roof area.
6) There was no external sound inside the nesting room.
7) The internal sound tweeters seems to be the big sized piezo tweeters and installed in a sleeping position.
8) The BH nesting planks looks very thick and strong. However they were a bit dirty and need some sand papering.
9) The BH wetness was a bit too dry. The BH has about three chicken coop humidifiers.
How can the total number of nests be doubled within the next 12 months?
That was what the owner was asking me crack my head.
I calmly told him that it is possible if he follow my prescriptions.
At first he wanted to laugh at my statement.
But I caution him like what will be my incentive if I can do that in perhaps 10 months?
He started to count the profits he will be harvesting.
From 2000 nests after 10-12 months it will be doubled.
2000 new nests will be almost 17 kg.
With the current raw nests price of RM 3000 he will help himself with an additional RM 51,000 per harvest.
I can see his smile and in his head there is nothing wrong to give a shot.