Monday, November 23, 2015
Pasir Mas BH No 2: Explored Inside And I Listed A Number of Defects During My Visit !!!
Due to my careless ticket booking I lost about 1 hour for this short trip to Pasir Mas, Kelantan.
I was about to board the plane when I was told that my ticket was for yesterday's flight and not that day.
Oh shit, I was very embarrassed but got to take it that it was my silly mistake.
I was lead to the ticket counter and purchase a new ticket.
The lost of one hour makes my trip to Pasir Mas a closed call.
After finishing the inspection of the first unit I was hurriedly taken away to the second unit.
On the way to this BH the owner was complaining that he has a friend who can harvest 30 kg a week and why can't he get about 10% of that?
I could not find the answer until I reached his BH.
This BH was located in a residential area. This is not a very nice place to have a BH.
The first thing I observed was the wrong direction of the main entrance hole.
It was facing the birds flying out in the morning and not the birds flying home in the evening.
The other issues found not right with the BH are listed as follows:
1) He need to look into changing the main entrance hole to face the opposite side. My advise to him was to face the direction towards the birds flying home path and not the opposite.
2) One that is done I told him to relocate his hexagonal tweeter to be precisely above the new hole.
3) I gave his some ideas about putting additional tweeters where to place them and with them he should look into running his BH with two external sounds.
4) I commented to him about his so many type of tweeters found inside his BH. My concern was their resistivities. The lowest resistance will be louder while the higher resistance will give little or no sound.
5) The areas below the monkey house need to be realigned and opened with a door. I precisely told him where to open the new door so that those birds that flew inside using the new LMB will able to enter the nesting room areas.
6) I told him to use AG 35 tweeters as the only external sound tweeter types for the main sound.
7) One very common mistake found in most BHs is the ignorance of how important is to force those birds to fly above the LAL. This BH faced exactly the same problem. Those birds were given too much freedom to fly where they wanted to but not above the LAL. I sketched the walls he need to installed and where to open the door.
8) There was not a single room on all the floors for those birds to hide. I drew where the rooms need to be created and where the doors should be located.
9) The owner have very little idea where the external sound tweeters should be located. I again drew a map where they should be situated.
10) I saw two types of internal sound tweeters used in this BH. One was the expensive Piro tweeters and the other was the standard PT 305 tweeters. The Piro tweeters seems to attract more attention while the 305 was not so. However the owner wrongly located these tweeters. I also have this gut feeling that his tweeters wiring were not proper. His electrical guy must have connect the two different type of tweeters with one line. The Piro will be louder while the 305 will be with very little sound.
11) The owner installed a number of fake nests in his BH however they were too thin and too small. I provided him with the right size plus its shapes (rectangular and triangular). Please install as many as he can.
12) His external sound is still okay and with two external sounds as per recommendation he needed another good sound.
13) He was using the Baby King sound as his internal sound. I told him to change to Super Babyking.
I hope all my recommendations are applied.
I promised him that he will see changes immediately after he follow my recommendations.