Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Small, Compact and Viable !!!

How small do you think a BH should be?

A question posted by a BH owner whose BH was only about 12 feet by 20 feet and 2 stories high.

Well my answer to him was do not under estimate these so call AF birds.  I have came across a BH as big as your house toilet and producing about 1.5 kg a month.  To be exact it was a toilet of a house with resident in it.  They build a new toilet when the saw those birds started to colonies their main toilet.

That was something to inspire a BH owner whose BH was never put into real operation mode since he got so many negative comments from so called "Sifu" before me.

"Pak Harry before you came there were a number of people from KL who entered the BH but nothing happened."  A comment from the caretaker of the orchard where the BH was located.

I have a very strong feeling that the small house can be successful as long as the sound played is right, the building properly renovated, the internal temperature is within the range and the humidity is perfect.

The current house meets nearly all the basic requirements.  The only short coming was the orientation of the entrance hole.  It was not facing the flying path, I told the owner.

No matter what others said I told him to think positive and let me use all the knowledge which I have gathered all these while.

After my 1st visit I list all the things that he should proceed with and once those partitioning and placement of additional crossing I will drop by to finish the internal decorations.

I got two workers with me for three days to install additional tweeters, place those sand on the floor, spread those fresh bird shit on the floor and installed some fake nests to lure those birds to stay.  Got a new set of amplifiers for both the internal and external sounds.

After 3 days the BH was put into operation mode.  Told the owner not to enter the BH for about 3 months.  He got those CCTV cameras working if he wanted to see what are inside the house.

Frankly it was a very hard job with back ache and neck sore.  Lots of mosquito once the time was about 7:20pm and got to drive above 1 hour out of the palm oil plantation to find a place to sleep.

It was satisfying and I hope the revamp works will come into effect by the next few days.

No comments: