Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Strange But Unique Observations !!!

I visited another BH about 22 months old with 49 nests.

About 9 months ago I was asked to test all my best sounds and the owner got the Tongkat Ali, Black Cloud, Gold Pot and the Medley.

It was these sounds that pushed the nest population up, according to the owner.

He was unhappy that I did not take a look inside his BH.

When those sounds were no longer as strong as before he called and ask me to get a new set of sounds plus wanted to know my opinion about his BH.

It was nothing unusual but soon after I came across something that I would like to share with my blog readers.

1) The birds seems to like the 130* more then 90*corners.

The owner told me that prior to my first visit to his BH the number of nests was very little.

After my 1st to conduct a sound check about 9 months ago, he got himself a couple of cluster tweeters and covered a number of 90* angle closed to the clusters.

He was surprised that after the installation and change of those external sounds the birds started to enter and seem to love to build their nest on the 130* corners.

There were plenty 90* but 130* seems to be their favorite.

Something strange but it is true in this particular BH.





If they like 130* corners give them as many as you can.  I recommended to the BH owner to perhaps increase the number of the same corners closed proximity to the cluster tweeters.


2) Strange insects found in the BH.

I was looking around for something unusual in the BH.  Suddenly something on the bird shit strike my eyes. There were lots of those odd shape white pieces of paper or broken boards on the bird shit.

I picked up the item and squeeze one of it.  There you are there was a kind of crawling insect.  Where can it come from?

It must be from something that were brought in by either the owner or something else.

I took a good look around the BH and saw this pile of twigs located just below one of the air pipe.  It seem that those birds (mynah or black sparrow) were working hard to build their nest inside the pipe but they keep falling down.

Upon closer look at the pile of sticks there were lots of those insects crawling around the twigs.

They came together with those twigs.

The most important is to avoid those air vent holes to be opened to those other birds.

If you apply Fendona these insects will be dead.









 Hope this article teaches something unusual but useful.

No comments: