Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Another Interesting Event At Corey Island BH Number 1 !!!

(External Sound Tweeters at main LMB facing each other)


I was at this newly finished BH at Carey Island Klang Selangor.

The owner launched the completed BH but after launching it I was forced to take a look at his first BH about 1 km away from the second BH.

I was forced but I took the opportunity to perhaps see its progress.

I remembered twinkling with the BH sound system and at the same time changed the external and internal sounds.

That was 2 months ago.

While inside the BH I observed the followings:

1) The humidifiers were a bit not working that well.  The amount of mist was not full blown but little mist coming out of the head.

2) There were only two humidifiers on each floor (two floors only since the ground floor was used by his golf club caddies).  The floors were too dry.

3) The birds seems to be concentrating on the top floor.  If I am not wrong nearly 70 percent were staying on the top floor while the remaining were on the 1st floor.

4) The old bird shit were regularly removed and I think it would be better to keep them on the same floor.

5) The majority of the BH nests were found at those corners.  Since all the corners were filled with triagular wood corners the nests formed 135* nest shape.

6) There were a couple of walls (about 2) on each floor but were a bit without specific purposes.

7) The external sound seems to be concentrated only at the entrance areas and not extended into the nesting rooms.

8) The external sound tweeters at the main LMB was not facing out but facing each other in order to avoid being wet.

There were more but slip my mind.

After having a short visit I told the owner what can be done to make his BH more populated.

However while briefing the owner his worker came done to report on the number of nests inside the BH.

Roughly was something like these:

1)  The total number of nests went up to 161 nests.  It went up by 30 nests as compare to the previous month countered on June 3rd (131 nests).

2)  More interesting was when the owner started to ask how many nests was detected previously.  The caretaker reported that on May 3rd it went up by only 18 nests.  However the month of April, just after I twinkled with those sound system and changed both the external sounds, the nests jumped by 39 nests.

3)  So the total number of nests increased after my first visit was 39+18+30=87 nests.

4) In that case the number of nests after operating for almost 2.5 years prior to my visit was 161-87=74 nests.

Now wait a minute.

Just because I came plus play around the external and internal sounds the nests number jumped 117% within three months.

That is impossible I told the owner but it happened.

So now the owner knows my very persuasive ability.

"Pak Harry, can you recommend what else to do to double the nests number one more time?"

If I read his mind right is that he wanted to challenge me to double the nests one more time within three months.

Should I accept this challenge?

Of course I would love to.

Currently listing down the items that need to me installed.

Also will put in black and white why they are important to this BH with 161 nests.






No comments: