Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Why No Nests Even After My First Visit !!!

I was in Ipoh on Monday and Tuesday, November 30th and December 1st, 2009.

While in Ipoh I called up one of my blog reader whose BH I visited a few months back and wanted to know his progress.

"How's your BH population?"

Well Harry nothing much but I did some revamp works on some of those things you recommended.

"Hmm....strange, may I drop by to take another look?"

Sure why not and you are most welcome.

He took me to the BH and before entering I asked him again.

"When was the last time you pay a visit to your BH?"

About two months ago.

"So the nest population is the same?"

Yes I think so.

"What about the sound? Have you change them?"

Yes I did and I got it from a friend.

"Let me listen to both the internal and external pleased"

He allowed me to switch off the internal and I listened to the external sound first.

"Hey how come you are playing the stress sound. You are not suppose to be playing this bird test call sound. It is similar to my Duress and is only meant for testing and not for your BH."

Sorry Harry I took it from my friend and he said that this sound is good.

" I believed his intention was to sabotage your BH and I don't think that is right. This is one of the reason why your BH nest populations is not moving. You need to be careful with what sound you played for your BH. Duress or a mix of it with other sound is not advisable. Trust me."

"Okay now let me listen to your internal sound."

We stop the external and get started the internal.

"Hmm.... I am not sure what sound is this. In the many BHs I visited this is the first time I heard this new sound. I think there were two sounds in one. The left is the colony while the right sound like external sound. Again I believed this is not the right time to play the type of sound you choose."

"I recommend the use of mating and baby sound for a new BH with less then 200 nests. My reason being your BH visitors are mainly those young birds and playing of mating and baby will encourage them to quickly to feel sexy and wanted to find a mate."

"I am very surprised with your choice of sounds." I told him.

"Okay let us change both the external and internal. Use one of my medley for the external sound and the mating sound for the internal. Let it be in play for 3 months and see what happens?"

I was then taken to have a look at another BH belonging to his younger brother a walking distance away.

Hmm ...very new but when he played the external and internal, I said the same thing.

Those sounds were more or less the same with the last unit. The same duress sound were on the external sound amplifier and colony sound on the internal sound.

I shook my head and no wonder many BH owners failed in their venture. They simply cannot recognise which sound to play for both the internal and external.

I did my best to reorganise the sounds and I hope both unit will see different results soon.

My advise to all those who got your sounds from a "Friend" please be very careful. They tend to do more harm than helping you.

If you need good sound call this number 017 755 1318.


Donation: I am sure you have learned something after reading this article. If you feel that the lesson learned deserved an encouragement you can contribute a some donation to this account: Yayasan Kebajikan Nah Sabah, 100930010038410 at Allied Bank, Malaysia.

No comments: