Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Research Works With A Local University Has Begun !!!


A proud moment in my life as a swiftlet enthusiast.

As I always mentioned I am not a "Consultant" but a passionate swiftlet farmer.

My objective in life now is to help the swiftlet industry to minimize failed BH by about 3-5 percent.

After toiling with swiftlet activities on my own for almost 4-5 years I told myself to get some small help from some Government Related bodies to be involved in some kind of research.

With that small idea I approach a local University and put forward my plea for their help.

That was at the end of 2012.

During my first meeting with them I explain the special reasons why something have to be done for the sake of this very interesting industry.

It used to bring in billions of ringgit into Malaysia and yet there seems to be very little attention given by any relevant department in Malaysia.

What we urgently needed is some support to help the industry to prosper and to do that we need some research to be done on a professional basis.

After the brief meeting I told myself that if they should reply I will be the happiest person on earth.  However if they did nothing to my plea I have to be happy with myself that I have done my part to open their heart to this lovely industry.

Four days after the briefing I received a call from one of the attendee during my first meeting and he confirmed that he accepted my challenge.

"Pak Harry I am a bird man.  I love breeding bird and during your last meeting with me you actually activated my mind to explore something new that is swiftlet farming.  I wanted you to help me and a team of my student to step into doing some research in swiftlet farming.  Please assist me to help the industry."

It was something unbelievable and to receive his call was the highlight of my career.

After that first phone call I met the person in charge a couple of times and we set some itineraries to push forward with the whole research ideas.

"Pak Harry let me get my stuff ready and by February 2013 we shall be ready to run."

Now with February 2013 about to end we have indeed started to carry out a number of projects and I can see the enthusiasm shown by him and his students.

There is a very strong chance that we will soon hear some great findings and if applicable we should try to use them.

I feel very honoured to be given the opportunity to activate a local University to be directly involved in research works in swiftlet farming.

I would like to reach to all my blog readers about helping each other in this matter.

Please write to my email address harryswiftlet@yahoo.com if you own a BH and willing to allow the University to use it for their research purposes.

At the end of the day it will help the swiftlet industries.

I am just helping them as a person who love swiftlet farming.


No comments: