Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Why You Should Have Those Proper Cement Pavement Around Your Stand Alone BH !!!!


I was about to pack up my workers when the owner wanted my opinions on what else can be done to improve his BH at Bukit Selambau, Kedah.

Among the things that I told him to look into were:

1) Build a concrete pavement around his BH.  Currently there external walls were exposed to the surrounding without any pavement to block those crevices from becoming the breeding centre of spiders, ants, millipedes and many others that might harm his tenants.

2) To cover his electrical meter installed on the BH wall.  Currently exposed to rain water and every time it rains the power supply will trip.

3) To install an auto starter.  According to those who stays around his BH they power disruptions is a common issue. There will be power trips when lighting occurs plus on many occasion power failure.  If there is an auto starter his BH will face lesser chances of power stoppages.

4) Plant a number of figs trees around the BH.  The open area is suitable to plant figs and what he needed are some holes.  I will supply him with the figs plants.

5) Need to watch out for those owl.  If there is any chance they disturb his BH he need to install the owl traps.  Yes try to install at least one on each entrance hole.  His BH has three entrance holes and three traps will be adequate.

6) Need to cut those bushes around his BH.  Reason being there are lots of snakes that might enter his BH.  In the beginning he assumed that those snakes will not be able to climb his BH but I proved him wrong.  There was a time that I saw with my own eyes a snake climbing his BH.

7) Try not to enter the BH for at least two months after putting it back into operation.

Among the seven he solved item number one and two on an immediate basis.

The number two he sought his own electrician to come over to install a cover with a see through glass.

The number one matter was handed over to me.

"Pak Harry please proceed with the pavement laying.  Let me know the price and please get your workers to finish them up before you leave."

Since my boys were free we continue with the pavement constructions.

Initially I thought it was a simple down to earth job with very little problems.

However when we started and after viewing the BH perimeter walls we realized that the BH was not with the same hight.

The back was higher than the front by at least 10-15 inches.

It baffle me for a few minutes and my workers explain how to solve the problems.

The work went well and by February 25 2013 it should be completed.

As long as it bring benefits to the BH I need to help the owner to stabilize his BH.

While cleaning those debris left due to excess cement we found that below every debris there will be some kind of insect breeding below.

Now once the pavement is completed it will reduce these so call predators and the joint between the BH walls and the pavement can be easily applied with Fendona liquid.

To prevent those snakes I recommended the use those sulphur.

















No comments: