Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

How Do Sound Volume Affect Those Good Sounds !!!

Something worth to share with all those who are new to swiftlet farming is the sound volume.

What can be the best sound volume you should use?

I have this interesting hot story which might give you some possible answer.

During my visit to KK last week, I was asked to view a one year old BH located somewhere in a small town called Papar.

The BH used to be a resort house for Mr.G who is gifted with those "Ayam Sabong" or fighting cock.

Hmmm not Harry Kok !!!!

About his one year old BH, the house was on a hill inside a durian orchard.  Hidden from those bright lights and noisy vehicles.

After getting a "Sifu" to get the BH into operation he came to the conclusion that the BH need some new ideas to push the nest population.  He mentioned that during those one year period a number of advises given by his "Sifu" were disasterous.

One of it was to run those chicken coop humidifiers for the whole day.  All the nesting planks were wet and nearly all his tenants moved out.

The second bad advise was to remove those hexagonal tweeters.  His "Sifu" got this idea that once his BH's nests reaches about 30  he should remove the hexagonal and let those birds bring their friends inside the BH. I remembered clearly Mr.G said that "they bring their friend inside". 

Only an "idiot" will give such a rediculous idea.  I told Mr. G to quickly reinstall the gadget. Never to remove those hexagonal until your BH is full.  Remember Mr G until it is full to the brim.

When he discovered my humble http://swiftletfarming.blogspot.com plus attended my Seminar he tried my idea on forced harvesting.  He claimed that after less then 3 months all the nests were back in place but the good news was there were at least 30 new nests. 

"Harry it works for me.  You are good my friend".

The moment I arrived at this BH I took some time to look around the house, the entrance hole and most important was the data room.

As usual all the amplifiers were wrongly set.  Told his daughter to readjust the treble, mid and low knobs to the right positions and check on the sounds they were using.

I was happy that they were using my "Black Cloud" however the amplifier setting were totally wrong.

The next interesting thing that I did was to test my "Marvelous Cloud".

I asked Mr.G to get a chair and look what will happened when my new sound being played.

The moment the thumb drive was inserted with the same volume already set on the amplifiers we can see hundreds of swiftlet rushed to the entrance window.

The irony was that only one out of say 50 will enter while the 49 will not go any further inside.

I asked Mr. G to see what will happen when I lower the sound volume slightly.

"Farrah, reduce the sound volume from now at 12.00 noon to 11:30am". (Farrah is Mr.G's daughter.  Remember she just delivered a baby)

"Wow, look at that Harry they now rushed inside.  Nearly 90% entered. Unbelievable !!! I have never seen such a phenomena in my life".

The lesson which Mr.G learned here is that sound volume do give positive and negative effects.  All you need to do is to tune the volume to the level where those birds will start to come over to the BH entrance window and started to rush in.

There is no use to see lots of them coming towards the window and the moment the reached the window they look like shying away from the window.

Try to test yourself and I am sure you will learn what I was trying to say in this article.






No comments: