Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year To All Swiftlet Farmers !!!

Next week we will celebrate CNY and as usual I will be in Sungai Patani to celebrate with my family.

Will probably spend about 5 day in the North of Peninsular Malaysia and will conduct some visit to a few BHs in Penang, BM, Padang Temusu, Bakar Arang, Segantang Garam and SP itself.

Beside the above visits, been invited to drop by to Kelantan (2 invitations), Seremban, Kota Kinabalu, Bukit Beruntung (2 invitations), Kuching, Sibu, Nilai, Tangkak, Vietnam and Melaka.

I am sure after the CNY week I will have lots of things to attend to.

These are some of the very interesting going to happen activities:

1) Force Harvesting.

I was invited to a BH to perform the force harvest.  The owner have been pushing for a date to carry out the operation and I planned to carry out the operation after a proper inspection of the BH conditions.  There will be a lot of preparation to ensure that the operation shall be carry out as such the young birds will not be harm.

2) Working With TV Channel.

I was recently contacted to help a Malaysian TV channel to capture some video clips inside a heavily populated BH.  The program will also highlight some of my revamp works in a new and old BHs.  I have yet to say yes but will think of something once I decided to.

3) Ulu Langat BH Will Be ready with nesting planks.

After CNY the new BH at Ulu Langat will be ready with those nesting planks I arranged last few days.  I am very sure the owner will be chasing after me to drop by and see how was the installation works and what next?

4) Vietnam Meranti Logs Send.

At last the 14 metric tons of Meranti logs were safely shipped to Ho Chi Min City.  The supplier used a 20 footer storage container to prevent any damage via ship.  I was informed that it will be in Ho Chi Min within 7 days from today.
"Pak Harry please get ready to fly over to Vietnam once the nesting planks are installed."

5) Another BH ready in Kota Kinabalu.

During my previous trip to Kota Kinabalu, met a group of swiftlet farmer who wanted my help to view a piece of land at Penampang.  With them there was another person who was very quite but listening to my advises. I never realized that he was about to finish the top most floor or his 3 stories BH. Last few days received a call from the person who introduced me to about it and wanted some help to ensure his BH will be properly renovated.  Gave him the list of items for the sound system and hopefully it will be adequate to pull those wild birds in.

6) A Newbie From Seremban.


Another sad case of a BH owner who happened to visit my Semenyih BH under revamp last week.  He and his partner appointed a "Sifu" to convert a few BHs in N9, Perak and Pahang.  It was very unusual when they were not allowed to enter these so call BHs after it was renovated (mostly shop houses).  After more then 1 year they decided to force open the doors and to their surprise the BH was actually not properly conducted.  Just imagine paying more then 38K and only 10- 15 tweeters and the nesting planks were sparsely installed?


"Pak Harry I need you to drop by and give your opinion on what to do now?"


7) Kelantan Newbies.


Two Kelantanese wanted some helps to determine if those properties they wanted to purchase are suitable for BH venture.


The best was when this person who called and confessed that he managed to read all my articles within less then 3 weeks and fully believed that the right thing to do before purchasing a land for his dream BH is to get someone professional to give the final go ahead.


"Pak Harry, I will purchase the plane ticket and will advise when you should be in Kota Baru."


One more newbies wanted to test a property in Gua Musang.  I hope he will contact me before the 1st trip is done.


8) Kampung Jawa Klang BH.


Have submitted a short proposal to the BH owner to take a lead in revamping his BH.  I am hoping that he will say "YES".  My motive was mainly towards renovating the BH to accommodate my findings and help to improve the BH nests population.  I would love to use the BH as one of my reference BHs for visitors either local or foreign.

9) Bukit Beruntung Newbie

"Pak Harry I need some of your time to visit my BH in Bukit Beruntong.  Just to see if the shop house is suitable for swiftlet farming."

I told him that I will be pretty busy after CNY and the best time to view his shop will be on Monday Jan 31st, 2011.  Will spend half a morning to diagnose its suitability and perhaps provide the right sketch how to convert the shop.

10) Kepong BH Upgrading.

The owner got my visit report and was very happy with the upgrade works which I submitted.

Shall start doing those upgrade works once he gives his approval.  It seem that he wanted it to me done on the 2nd week of February 2011.

11) Semenyih BH Insect Barn.

Finally got the equipment and materials to supply the insect food for the insect barn.  My staff will be given the tasks to prepare and deliver the food on the Friday third week of the month.

The amount shall be about 15 kg of soup which will cost about 450 per batch per month.  Cost to clean those plastic containers, delivery and installation shall be included in the cost.

No comments: