Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

These Waste Wood Corners Will Be Taken Out Shortly !!!

One of my interesting finding which I recently deployed inside my JV BH in Kuantan, Pahang is the waste wood corners.

I discovered this interesting way of creating more 90* corners using those excess of waste nesting woods that you planned to throw away into your dustbin.

It is more like recycling of waste wood that are shorter than your cross woods.

What I did was to cut them into short pieces of about 6-10 inches in length and nailed them onto those nesting planks that are installed on the perimeter walls of the nesting rooms.

The most appropriate location is in the middle of those box created of the nesting planks.

The idea was to increase the number of 90* corners in the nesting room, since those wild birds loves to make their nest there.

Once they occupied these corners, my idea is to harvest these nests, one on the left and the other on the right, and after that try to remove the waste wood.

Make sure those nails you used to attach the wood to the nesting plank are properly removed.

Assuming that those birds will return to the same location to breed for the next breeding cycle, both with start their nest at the same spot.

If they do use these spots, you next generation nest will now be a 180* shape.

This is a very brilliant way of forcing those birds to build more 180* as compared to 90* shape nests.

In my JV BH at Kuantan, the number of waste wood corners already occupied is 5 and I planned to remove them during my next trip, probably in early August or late July 2011.

I planned to take some photos before and after the experiment.

My hope is that my prediction will work and this we can now have a new technique on how to force those birds to build more 180* nests shape.

Those who haven't try please look around for these waste wood and install them as a trial basis.

I am sure you can see some result soon.


No comments: