Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Popular Method Of Installing Tweeters In Kuantan, Pahang: The Cluster Design!!!


I received an email with some pictures from a friend who wanted to share his new findings.

Many months ago he wrote to me about his BH lack of tweeters.

I remembered : "Pak Harry how many tweeters can I install in my 2 stories BH?  You see I observed that those swiftlet were fighting for every tweeter that I installed.  Initially it was only 50 per floor, then I increased to 100 and again I increased to 150.  They were still fighting.?  Can I install say 500 per floor?"

My answer to him was:  Why not?

There is no rules saying that you cannot install 500 but try not to tell anyone about it.  If you do they will label you as "Super Crazy Birdhouse owner".  So what?  As long as your BH is full who cares?

After my advise I think he went ahead but to install the additional tweeters he opted for a cluster arrangements.

He will randomly choose those nesting planks crossing to install four tweeters facing the four directions.  A few will be a larger cluster like 8 units. (Look at the pictures he send).

So far the number of nests growth, according to him, is 100% a year.

He came out with his version of why they are affective.

1) The cluster tweeters will cover every angle of the space.  He got good sense here.

2) The arrangement can make the birds to be closed to each other and that will become their meeting joint to find a partner.  The quicker they find a partner the faster they will pair up and start a family.  Family means they will build their nest.

3) The cluster concept is the best method to install the 500 tweeters.  If you install single there will lesser areas available.

4) So far this cluster technique is well know only in Kuantan, Pahang.  Maybe the time have come to share this new technique with other who read your blog.

Well done Mr Tan.   I am very great full for being so generous in sharing new and useful things.

I will be Kuantan soon and will call you to have a good look at your BH.

I would love to experiment by combining the cluster design with those single and twin unit installation closed to the corners.

If this combination works then we are getting closed to a getting more birds into our new BHs.

Please thank Mr Tan for being so generous and willing to share his findings.

I need more people to be like him.  Let us share and help each other.

1 comment:

K L said...

Do you put internal sound to the cluster tweeters ? I heard of friend who put external sound to the cluster and the result is good !