Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2015

Changing From Side Entry To Top Entry !!!


My latest headache was to help a BH owner who wanted to transform his BH entrance system from side entry to top entry.

According to him there will be more residential houses around his BH and he cannot effort to be requested by local council to shut down.

The only out to him was to divert those bird call sound towards the open sky.

He is not considerate but he know when to take action.  Or else some wise guys will take action on him.

What came to my mind when he first informed me was to ask him to take a few photos showing the top part of the monkey house so that I can sit on it.

After receiving the photos and talking to him what he actually wanted me to do I came out with a solution.

I told him that my preference is to open the whole roof section where his corren entrance holes were located.

He though half will do but I told him to open the whole thing.

However he need to create a slight slant to face the birds flying home path.

A new cement wall have to be erected to allow rain water to be drained via a drain hole.

I took just 1 hour to sketch a few things and quickly emailed to him.

He called to say thank you and at the same time asked for some clarifications.

I told him why I chose the total opening and why the slanting shape walls.

He agreed and shall start work next week or so.

I need to follow up with him so that he will do the right things.

Beside the change of his BH top entry he is supposed to upgrade or revamp his BH in a big way.

My full visit report was submitted to him one week ago and I advised him to concentrate only on the ground floor.

The top two floors to be temporarily shut until the right time.

He need to clean up his BH not only the floor but also his BH nesting planks.

I will constantly keep in touch with him and I hope he will appreciate what I am trying to do with his BH.

His BH have a very strong chance of producing those "Super Grade" nests.


No comments: