Search This Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Tested A New Sound At Rantau, N9.



Been very busy for the last few days.

Yesterday came back from Trengganu and on the way back received a message from a good friend that he wanted me to test a new sound.

I have been looking for more new sounds and the news from him was something I have been hoping for.

Today make a trip to Rantau N9 to carry out the sound test.

Before getting the sound tested drop by a number of fruit shop hunting for banana, condense milk, bread and flour.

I wanted to test a few new ideas on how to generate insect for BHs.

One method which I have tried before was by using normal bread with condense milk.

I took about half and hour to prepare about 2 kilograms of insect food.

I also prepare what I called it as insect cake using banana, chicken feed and yeast.

This is something very new and never tried before.

What I am sure about is that the smell of ripe banana will surely attract those fruit flies.

Managed to get about 3 kilograms using two sikat of ripe bananas and three scoops of chicken feed.

I wanted to see if this new method works however I am not happy that the bananas was  a bit too expensive (RM4.5- per kilo).  The chicken feed was about 1.50 per kilogram.

Just to try them out and see which one brings the most number of insects plus the cheapest.

After having the two insect foods prepared I started the sound test.

It went quite well however I was not very happy with its background noises.

I call my good friend who email the sound and told him about the noise issue.

He immediately took some action to clean up the back ground noise.

Have received the revised sound and I hope I can test it one more time in Kedah.

The birds seems to be quite responsive.


No comments: