Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2015

A DIY BH At Kamput Alur Limbat, Marang Trengganu !!!





Visited this BH after the BH owner called asking for my help to convince him that the BH will do very well if properly looked after.

I was on my way home from Belara, Trengganu to Kuala Lumpur (6.5 hours drive) and just about to start my journey he whatsapp his location.

Decided to meet him for lunch and perhaps view his BH.

Upon arrival at location I was looking at the BH  surroundings.  

Was not very pleased with the tall fruit trees.

The entrance hole side was luckily facing an open area but still a few trees that I asked him to cut them down.
From the external view I make a few assumptions that need some ractifications.

My biggest concern was the single layered walls using those sand bricks and on the top of that he did not apply any cement plaster on it.

I am dead sure he will also avoid plastering the internal walls.

The second observation was on the air ventilation pipe. He used those white colored PVC pipes.These white colored pipes will allows the sun light to penetrate into the nesting rooms.
Each air passage point will become like a bulb.

Once entered I was a bit disappointed with how untidy was his data room.

The data room size was almost 20' by 10' and the owner used it to store lots of items.

I think 99% of those items can be removed and let the room be more tidy.

The next very tedious thing to do was to climb up a wooden ladder (about 20 feet high) to reach the first floor of the BH. (BH is two floors).

The first floor looks quite dark but scattered with rubbish and dirty with lots of old bird shit.

There was no maintenance lighting to find out way to the upper floor.

Using a set of torchlight I manage to find another aluminum ladder to climb to the top floor.

I wanted to see the entrance hole and how he block those bright light.

The top floor was way too bright.

The monkey house was recently remodeled with a new monkey house being erected using those plywood.

He used a kind of advice from a new "Sifu" that he recently communicated based in Sabah.
He followed nearly all what he learned from this new person.

I told him to carefully use those advises because every "Sifu" will normally have their own ways in trying to solve a BH problems.

He might gave him one idea and on the next day another "Sifu" might come out with another idea.

There will be no end to modifying the BH.

He still wanted me to come and give my opinion and my opinion might again be not the same as all his other "Sifus".

After about 30 minutes and my body started to get sticky with sweat.

I came done and listed to him a few important things:

1) He need to firstly install a hexagonal tweeter.  He must choose the entrance hole with the most number of birds entering.  With the new monkey house he erected his BH now has 3 entrances.

2) The connecting door from the main nesting room and the monkey house open area need to be rectified and perhaps a door about 3 feet wide time about 6 feet will limit those bright light.

3) The top floor nesting room was too bright and even with the new door I insisted that he should erect an L shape partition walls.  This wall will be able to minimize the light into the nesting room and at the same time force those birds to fly above his LAL hole.

4) I was not happy on how he install his external sound tweeter around the LAL mouth.  I put forward my  idea on a very effect method on how to install those external sound tweeters.

5) His internal sound need some upgrade and I suggested to him to switch to Superbabyking.

6) His BH now was with about 30-40 nests and many of these nests were on those styrofoam fake nests.  What he should do now is to increase the number of fake nests.  Install two on the left and right side of the internal sound making tweeters.

7) I was not very happy with the newly installed corner covers.  I keep telling him that as a BH owner you should assist or help those young couples.  You should give everything that they wanted and not to deprive them.  Try to open all those corner covers and perhaps assist those young couples by installing a triangular shape fake nests.

8) If he can I asked him to spray every fake nest with Super Pheromone once every 2-3 weeks.

9) Told him to use the new sound he have just purchased but try to observe the nest increment.  If no increment he should quickly change them to a better sound.

He was very relieved after listening to my advises however I told him he need to follow up with a second phase to perhaps cool down the internal temperature.
What he need is to plaster his BH walls inside and outside.
If he can try to install a layer of heat shield covered with cement boards.
He have a long way to go and hopefully he will continue to improve his BH conditions.

I invited him to drop by at Belara BH to view some of those things that can help him to understand more about those things which he needed to carry out at his BH. 









No comments: