Search This Blog

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sungai Burung BH: A Potential Research Center On A JV Basis !!!

This is something new which I think can be spur some new ideas for the industry.

I am looking at proposing a JV operation with Sungai Burung BH owner.

Main objective is to get a JV agreement signed and will pursue the necessary revamp operation.

The BH is ideally located (about 1 hour drive from KL)  however due to its poor sound system and internal finishing, it was not performing.

Number of nests now is 10 pieces equally divided on the top and ground floor.

The owner wanted to abandon the building since it was facing some kind of sinking problem and flooding.

Based on what was informed to me the ground was piled using those mangrove tree trunks.

It tilted to the south by about a few inches.

The side walk seems to be buckling up.

This BH have a very good potential since it was located on a flat land facing a huge padi field.

There were a considerable number of birds around and I believed it can be reactivated.

What I was interested in is to conduct some test using some new gadgets that I have discovered.

One of the latest is the Bamboo Mat.

This product , I believed, if it works will be able to replace those nesting planks.

The cost per foot is way cheaper as compared to those meranti planks.

The best thing is that those swiftlet are more attracted to erect their nests on the flat area while the meranti wood seems to be populated mainly at those joints or corners.

Why so?

There must be some explanation.

It has something to do with the way they latch onto the surface.

Those meranti wood must be not easy to latch on while the bamboo mat looks much easier.

The next research work that I plan to carry out is the use of special aroma manufactured by a local University.

I was given a few milliliters and I think by applying it onto those bamboo mat I can easily determine its effectiveness.

For my visit I have indicated a few things that need their immediate attention.

The most important is to upgrade the sound system around the monkey house.

A hexagonal tweeter is compulsory.

A few power tweeters will do a good job to attract more birds to the BH rooftop.

Main entrance hole to be widened and properly installed with external sound tweeters and perhaps two medium range bazookas.

This will be a very interesting new activities in my sleeve.


No comments: