Search This Blog

Friday, June 19, 2015

My Preferred Method On How To Make Those Young Birds Return Home !!!



I was about to go to bed but manage to pull myself up to write about this idea which I believed will be useful to all BH owners.

While doing my site inspection at this BH located in a small village called Kampung Belara I was put to task to lure back those young birds to return home.

The Belara BH is facing a very common problem where the young one after flying out of the BH will refuse to return home.

I have discovered why and I wish I have something to proof my suspicion why.

Usually after about 3 years into operation almost all BHs will face this phenomena I called "Dry BH syndrome".

The main cause have something to do with the drying of the BH in total.

The water that were used to mix into the cement are totally dried up.

If you should hose with tap water on the floor you will find that within less than 10-20 minutes the water simply disappeared.

They will either be suck into the cement floor or evaporated into gas.

When this condition is not taken care of your nests will all start to cracks and become brittle.

This type of nests will be a trap to these young birds.

They know that if they should miss their step their legs will be caught in between those cracks and once trapped they will be dead.

I believed when they take this first flight out there is a very little chance that they will return home.

They know that if they start their family inside the same house where they were lucky to be alive is not suitable to their kids.

So my question is how can we stop this from happening?

How do we correct our BH to make sure that every batch that were raised inside our BH will immediately return home to adopt the same house where they were hatched?

There have to be something to make those nests not dangerous to those young birds.

Let us go to the basic?

Why those nests cracks and brittle?

Lack of water inside the walls, floors and perhaps inside the house.

What I will do is to install a proper water spraying system that will ensure that my BH is always wet.

The floor especially must be wet all the time.

If given a choice I will make sure all my BH floors are wet and you need to wear a pair of "Chow Choo Kang" rubber boots to enter my BH.

However since this Belara BH is not water proof (I suspect) I dare not wet until those water start to flow all over the place.

The two floors upstairs will be just wet but not flowing wet.

The ground floor might be like what I wanted a BH floor should be.

Yes I am going to set my mist pump system to operate much longer hours a day.

My preferred method to wet my BH is by using those mist pumps.

Each floor, at Belara, I install one pump unit with 15 nozzles.

Three floors I have 3 separate pumps with a total of 45 nozzles.

The top most floor with the most number of nests will be very crucial to have a wet floor.

I want all baby birds to come back home.

Come Back To Daddy !!!!















No comments: