Today felt a bit depressed after visiting this failed BH located somewhere at Pulau Tengah Rembau N9.
The owner described who was the consultant and what happened after the job was done.
The consultant keep changing office and the lender came to visit the BH only one time.
After several changes here and there plus a number of consultants the nest inside was 1/4 piece.
Just imagine after seven years the owner can see just a small piece of unfinished nest and I think he totally lost his hope.
The lender seems to have lost hope too.
What surprised me most was why the lender appointed someone who failed to deliver.
The same lender engaged the consultant for about 18 BHs and not a single of it performed.
This is more like a big scandal but this case may be the lender learn a good lesson.
It is not as easy as what we assumed.
Lots of monies park out there but right now bring zero income.
Now the client dictate the term of payment.
However on the bright side, this is the kind of projects that I would love to do.
I believed the BH can be salvage to produce enough nests to cover the bank payment.
If the owner is lucky I think he will make some profit for himself.
What he need to do is to follow every recommendations made to him by me.
He must prepare some financial outlay to cover the cost of upgrading and perhaps some for labor and professional fee.
The list of things that will be able to be back to normal health will be as follows:
1) He need to reactivate the monkey house operation. Currently he shut the monkey house and opened a new LMB at the BH wall facing the East.
2) One very common mistake of many failed BHs is to not installing a hexagonal tweeter. He should install one if he wanted more new visitors.
3) The BH sound system need a total revamp. Currently the external sound is found only at the entrance hole and none inside the BH.
4) The nesting planks looks very dirty and need some cleaning.
5) Additional cross woods will be of great help.
6) The internal sound tweeters should be increased to at least 110 per floor.
7) The BH need a bit of a clean up. To many unwanted things all over the floor.
8) The BH temperature looks okay however it was a bit too dry. After seven years and without any humidifier is taking its toll on the BH.
9) A new set of external and internal sound will do good for this BH.
10) All air ventilation holes need to be properly extended using PVC pipe and not newspaper or canvas.
11) To darken the nesting room areas, a number of walls will be required.
This BH do have a good chance to he reactivated if a proper revamp operation is done.
Have a good look at the BH and tell me what do you think.