Search This Blog

Friday, July 3, 2015

What More To Be Done To Attract More Birds To Stay !!!


 (A Successful BH In Raub Running With 2 External and 4 Internal Sounds)


One BH owner asked me on what other things that can lure more birds to stay in his BH.

Beside making his BH floors wet and running with two external and two internal sounds he was not satisfied.

Earlier he followed by advice about removing those corner covers.

He used to install wooden corner cover on every 90* corners created on his nesting planks.

He also installed the 90* corners with triangular fake nests.

Yes he carried out this advice and painstakingly installed them himself.

And now he is asking me what more can he do to make his BH more attractive.

I was a bit taken back but told him on something which he might want to do.

What about increasing the number of sounds?

He was puzzled and asked me what I was driving at.

He already increased the number of sounds inside his BH.

Currently he has two external sounds and two internal sounds.

Is 4 not enough?

Well since you asked me what more to be done, I think the next thing that you can do is to increase the number of internal sounds, I suggested to him.

My idea is to increase the number of internal sounds from currently 2 to 4 sounds.

The two he installed so far was SuperBabyKing and SuperBabyQueen.

What I proposed to him was to add two more like NBU and Pukau.

The last two are external sounds but soft and gentle enough to make the whole house more lively.

He shook his head and told me that he will think about it.

What need to be done is to install about 10-15 additional tweeters per sound per floor.

Once that is done he can pull two separate lines to his BH data room.

He need to add two new amplifiers for the two sounds.

Let me follow up with him if he have gone ahead with this new idea (to him).

Note:  This method is currently practiced by a BH owner in Raub Pahang.  This BH now have almost 6,000 nests after into operation about 5.5 years.

No comments: