After about 2.5 months back into operation, after revamp operation, the Belara BH seems to show a lot of new nests.
The preliminary observation done by the BH caretaker indicated an increase of about 30% and growing.
I am very glad with the preliminary indication provided however a full investigation will get the exact number of nests increment.
My plan now is to visit the BH in the first week of October 2015.
There are a number of things that need to be done and one of them is to count the exact number of nests.
My 3-4 days visit will include the followings:
1) Count the number of nests in total. The number of nests per floor will be good to monitor.
2) The auto gate function need to be inspected and perhaps applied with grease.
3) Make sure all the three mist pumps are working well.
4) Check on how wet are the floors. Each floor wetting timing need to be adjusted if the floor is still too dry or too wet.
5) The nest have to be harvested however those at the 90* corners have to be taken down first.
6) Once these 90* corner nests are taken down the spot have to be installed with either the plastic chain or those stainless steel corner covers.
7) Those chain installed earlier need to be evaluated and determined if they need readjustment or replacements.
8) The BH need to be cleared of any cockroaches. It used to be infested with them and was removed by insect spray. I have also sprayed Fendona. This time the wall need to be applied with magic chalk and the walls and floors have to be again sprayed with Fendona.
9) The next evaluation will be those bamboo mats. About 20 pieces were installed and their effectiveness have to be evaluated.
10) The fake nests seems to be well received by those facifagus and I need to figure out what will be the next steps. Should they be taken down or maintained. Perhaps those that are occupied can be taken down.
11) Each fake nest that were found empty should be sprayed with super pheromone. The smell of this nest concentrate will ensure more birds will reside inside this BH.
12) The acceptance of those new 90* angles will be inspected. The best method is to look at the bird shit signs on the floor just below the row of crossing. The more the number the sign will be positive.
13) The bird shit accumulation on the floor will help to determine where those birds moved or stayed after the revamp operations. I am sure once those walls were erected the birds will move to a new place so that they will be feel at home.
14) There is a good chance that the owner will be asked to help in nest harvesting. This will be a good time to check on the nest quality, Its size and cleanliness. Will try to check the weight per nest on the average. With the proper wetness it should be heavier and thicker.
15) Might prepare three containers of Mutiara Aroma. The floors will be sprayed with the aroma on the very last day before we shut the door of the BH.
16) Lastly is to consider to change the external sounds. Probably one of the two external sounds.