Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2015

Gemas N9 BH: 4 Years Plus With About 30 Odd Nests !!!



While busy with Lukut BH revamp operation I was contacted by someone who happened to have used my expertise.

"Pak Harry my friend wanted your service.  Can you come to Gemas and inspect a BH?"

I obliged since he claimed that the owner was his close friend.

I told my worker about my trip and he continued with his job at Lukut.

Upon arriving Gemas I was asked to drive to Batu Enam, a small town with about 300 people I think.

Managed to locate the owner and he took me to his factory.

Upon entering the compound I realized that his BH was above his main office.

The main factory building was just beside the concrete building.

"Pak Harry my BH have been into operation for about 4-5 years and is not doing well as compared to all my other friends,  Please use your expertise to determine what can I do to improve the nests population."

He opened the main door and allow me to carry out my inspection.

By looking at the building externally there was nothing much to comment.

The main entrance hole was originally opened on the wall however during the visit it was shut.

The current entrance hole now was the monkey house with one window about 3.5 feet wide and about 4 feet high.

The LMB was facing North towards the Batu Enam town.

You can guess which direction the birds are flying home in the evening.

Yes the flying home path in on the opposite side.

So before I entered the BH I have already identifies two major issues.

One the LMB was not facing the East.

The second flaw was that the LMB was facing the opposite of where the birds are flying home in the evening.

I was not very impressed with the self made hexagonal tweeter since it was wrongly located.

Upon entering the data room I saw that the whole BH was with three amplifiers.

One for the internal sound, one for the external and the other unit was non functioning.

Most of their sound controlled knobs were not properly set.

My next observation have something to do with the nesting rooms.

The "consultant" hanged a number of ceiling boards all over the place.

I am not sure what was in his mind but I don't quite agree with this weird idea.

All his internal sound tweeters were in what I called sleeping position.

They should be in a standing position.

All 90* corners were covered with straight wood.  If I should repair this BH I will remove all of these corner cover woods.  Why cover them when those facifagus simply love them.

Most of the 30 odd nests were on the lower floor and the top most floor.  The middle floor was empty.

The BH internal walls and floors looks very dry.

I proved to the owner by showing to him a number of nests that were having cracks on them.

He deployed one chicken coop humidifier on each floor.

Well managed to jot a number of observations and I will be sitting quietly to prepare a report that will help the owner to improve the nests population.

















No comments: