Search This Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Interesting Questions From a Newbie !!!

Dear Harry,

How are you? I just want to ask you some questions:

1. What do the Bird normally like to eat ?
2. When I first start call the bird , if i observe that there are some birds come to fly over my farm or above my house what I should do next to make them lay egg or nest in my farm.

Thank you for every advice from you, thank you so much.


My simple answers:

Dears Skt,


Swiftlets likes to eat flying insects. These can be white ants, fruit flying ants and many other insects that fly and small enought to be eaten by swiftlets.

The most important is to lure these birds that come flying above your house to come in.

How to do that?

Well U need to place specially designed tweeters that wil attract them to want to come in and come near the sound.

Remember U need to have two types of sound. The external and internal. They are not the same.

Also your house must be condusive enought to make the bird to stay. Both the temperature, humidity and darkness must be within a condusive range.

The birds will need some time to get used to your house before they start to built their nest.

Hope the explainations given are adequate.

Harry

1 comment:

swiftsunshine said...

Very useful information. I was never interested in this topic until I visited our oil palm estate in Kulim on several occasions where I saw the swift birds flying into our estate looking for food.