Search This Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Farmhouse Visit Dated November 22nd 2007



I came back to my home town to attend my F-I-L birthday and took the opportunity to make a visit to my birdhouse.

It was not very far from my house, 15 minutes the most.

Main intention was to check the house, sound system and to install those Styrofoam that I have been accumulating since two weeks ago.

Upon reaching the house I make some checks outside the house. Everything looks good. No break-ins, no sign of people damaging the doors or the walls.

Also check the main water meter and electrical supply. Everything looks good.

Pick up the electricity and water bill in the postbox. The electricity bill was RM 10.47 and the water is RM 10. Total bill to pay was RM20.47.

At about 10 am entered the house via the back door and check the sound players. They are running fined and make me feel very happy.

After looking at the small room and check the sound, went into the ground floor of the birdhouse.

Open the entrance door and saw the floor are with lots of bird shits spots. A very good sign. The more the bird shit spots the better it is.

Shown my lights on the places about the spots and there they are.

Checked the number of bird nests on the ground floor. They looks okay. Not much changes as far as I can remember. The number is the same.

Moved to the upper floor and checked of any new sign of bird shit spots. There were no sign of new bird making nests.

The sound system looks and playing okay.

Once finished my checking works, I started my Styrofoam fixing exercise.

First I switch the fluorescent light on.

I choose the lower floor but choose three locations that I wanted to try. Moved in the tall ladder and started fixing using a heavy duty stapler gun which I bought a a bookstore in Kuala Lumpur.

The procedure was very simple. Climb the ladder and place the Styrofoam onto the wood panel. Take the gun and place it on one top hand corner of the Styrofoam and trigger the gun. It shoots with a bang. I did the same at the other corner. Each Styrofoam, I used only two bullets.

There were more then 20 strips that I fixed per selected corner. I choose three corners.

I hope the trial will work and by next visit will check if there are any new nests at these three corners.

Best of luck.

If it works for me, it will work for U ????

No comments: