Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Questions and Answers On How To Start My Birdhouse Farming !!!


This was the question posted by one of my buddy:

Hi Harry and everyone,

I stumbled upon this forum which sounds like a great one. Just a short introduction, I am a medical doctor by profession and my clinical practice is based in the government.

I absolutely love what I am doing and there is nothing better than the feeling that you have managed to make a difference to your patients and their families when they are plagued by difficulty (in this case, illness).

I had gotten married a couple of years back and there's nothing like having a child to make you aware of your finances and planning for the future!

I really love my job as I get to see a big number of patients per day, majority whom cannot afford private medicine and do not want to give it up;however, it doesn't pay too well.

Therefore, i made the concious decision that i need to supplement my income. surfing the net for ways to do this, I stumbled for the first time upon swiftlet farming.

So, i really need BASIC advice about it. Here are some questions i hope to get everyone's input on, if you don't mind..

1) What are the first steps i should take re learning more about swiftlet farming? Should i go to seminars/ buy any particular books/ seek advice from any particular body ie govt or otherwise? If so, can anyone recommend any?

2) How much do i need to spend in order to start a farm? I can't afford to buy a property but may have access to a piece of land near Labu, N Sembilan. How can i find out if the place is suitable? Is it via the bird-calling procedure and how do i go about getting the equipment for it/how to do it?

3) If it is, how much would i need to build the farm?

3) At what point would you recommend me asking for consultancy and are there any recommendations (along with an estimate of prices for services)from you good people out there.

Thanking you i advance for reading and responding. Have a nice day!

My simple answers are:

Here, I took the initiative to start this topic about how to become a millionaire by starting a Swiftlets Farming.

Most of what I wrote are from my own experinces and I feel it will be nice to share with those who are looking around for a retirement plan.

From my experiences, the first thing U need to do to read a few books that are available in the market.

Make Millions from Swiftlet Farming Book
The Complete Introductory Guide to Swiftlet Farming
One day beginners swiftlet farming course
EBN Resources - Swiftlet Farming Equipment

U can also join a couple of forums/group that are active in swiftlet discussion like :

http://groups.google.com/group/swiftlet
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/431781/+40

Once U have some of these books and join the group, learn as much as possible by reading all the articles or topic provided.

I have provided U with some of it here for FREE.

As for your questions, I have these to elaborate:


1) What are the first steps i should take re learning more about swiftlet farming? Should i go to seminars/ buy any particular books/ seek advice from any particular body ie govt or otherwise? If so, can anyone recommend any?

Answer: Read the above intro

2) How much do i need to spend in order to start a farm? I can't afford to buy a property but may have access to a piece of land near Labu, N Sembilan. How can i find out if the place is suitable? Is it via the bird-calling procedure and how do i go about getting the equipment for it/how to do it?

Answer: Not much just some money to go around and meet some people who can advise U. Attend some introduction courses and visit some ready make houses.

Do a birdcall test before buying any property for birdhouse purposes. U can rent the unit or buy one not more then 500 ringgit.

Call me for more advise

3) If it is, how much would i need to build the farm?

Answer: The amount varies from the method U finance the unit. Mine was not more then 55K and monthly paying about 1,900.

If U buy an agri land and built a new birdhouse it will cost U about 150K - 200K


3) At what point would you recommend me asking for consultancy and are there any recommendations (along with an estimate of prices for services)from you good people out there.

Answer: Once U are really serious, have some fund in the bank and have a potential piece of property then U go ahead.

2 comments:

sky nest said...

Good evening harry,

I enjoyed yr blog, keep it up!!

I have my own blog too, if interested you can blog it at diyswiftletfarming.blogspot.com

bye

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Skynest,

Thank U for your kind comment.

There is nothing like receiving kind comment like yours.

Will have a look at your blogg and see how we can work together.