Main objective is to find the best ways in how to quickly populate your new or old BH.
One of the many things that I have in mind is to conduct a test on the few aromas that are popular in the market.
My idea are as follows:
1) Pick up a BH that has a good birds population.
2) Install a set of CCTV cameras on at least three spots where you are pretty sure that those birds will enter and fly to the area.
3) The selected location must be with little nests and about 5-8 meters away from the 2nd and 3rd spots.
4) Now you chose three of those so popular aromas that are said to be effective when you apply inside your BH and suitable for nesting planks. The Aromas that I have in mind are the Super Pheromone, H3N1 and Gil4 or maybe Love Portion.
5) Bring the three aromas and spray them on the selected spots. Each spot will only be sprayed with one aroma type.
6) Monitor the progress and let see which of the three will show the best result. View the CCTV footage and print them for bird count purposes.
By testing them inside one BH on three separate locations will ensure that the birds will chose the one that suite their sense of smell.
Once the result is confirmed we can conclude that the tenant that entered this BH love the one that attract the most number of birds to that particular spot.
In this way we can from then on use only this particular brand to bring more birds into this particular house.
We cannot guarantee that the same aroma will be good for the next BH.
So if this test is true than from now on we should use this same technique like choosing the right external sounds for your BH.