Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Another Weird And Interesting Story!!!



Just wanted to share another message received from a Karak BH owner.

Remember the BH I revamped in Karak?

This particular BH have its own problems in pulling those swiftlet into it.

After revamping the BH was performing much better however something was not right.

It seems that those "Martin" birds ( swallow that build their nests using clay) were controlling the entrance hole of the BH.

They have started to build their own nest inside the monkey house and will prevent any other birds from coming near the area.

The moment any other birds comes near they will give a chase and bite them.

I did not realized until the owner told me about it.

March 5th, 2012:

Pak Harry, I discovered that the two wild birds are trying to bully the real birds to go into the BH.  My mission now is to lastik (catapult) away them as soon as I can.  Tq for being concerned to the BH, smooth working!!

I called him and he described what actually happened.

It seems that these wild birds have started to build their clay nest inside the monkey house and they will protect the area from any other birds that visited the monkey house.

They in fact chase them away with vigour.  Their behaviour is more like protecting their nesting territory and no other birds are allowed to come near.

I told him to do the needful to remove these martins.

March 28th, 2012

Hi Pak Harry, good sign after shooting down the two wild birds. one pair of swiftlet have come inside flying in and out of the entrance hole.  Hopefully they will not be bullied.


This story is just for us to learn something unusual and I am sure it will help those who operate BH on agricultural land with not swiftlet staying but lots of martins flying near the monkey house.

Thanks for reading and hope I can get more interesting stories for all to share.

No comments: