Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2015

This Raub BH Is Unusual & Improving !!!


(This is the bible I saw at the BH front door)

While many BH owners are complaining that their BH are having problem with nests increase this BH in Raub is showing positive changes.

The nests numbers are increasing and the number of birds keep getting more and more.

It is obvious that their must be something right inside this BH.

I remember visiting this BH about a year ago and the owner was very happy to have me for lunch.

During lunch he gave me the look which I know what he wanted from me.

His body language during lunch time was to wait for the moment if I should ask for a trip to view his BH.

The moment I proposed to view his BH he feel so excited and I think you can guess why.

He wanted my comment about how to further improve inside his BH.

He attended my Swiftlet Farming Seminar held in Lumut Perak a couple of years ago.

During my visit to his BH I observed a couple of things that I classified and unusual but interesting.

1) He operated his BH with 5 sounds during it day time operation and 3 sounds at night.  I remember receiving an sms from him saying that he deployed Pukau, Super 208, NBU, Babyking and superbabyking.  At night he will only run Babyking, NBU and SuperBabyKing.

2) He installed a lot of internal sound tweeters.  Every piece will have a nest on the top of beside it.

3) He also deployed a lot of perfume bottles made from those cut bamboo trunk.  He hanged them of the nesting planks tongue and filled with perfume.

4) His BH have this special method in cooling the nesting room.  The walls are protected from sun rays by a hill and he covered his external walls with recycled plywood sheets.

5) His BH entrance hole is facing the east direction.

6) He agreed with my recommendation in having a Hexagonal tweeters just above the main entrance hole.

7) He keep a swiftlet farming bible given to him when he attended my seminar at Lumut, Perak.  I was about to enter his BH and I saw this plastic folder.  On the front cover I saw something familiar.  He keep telling me that the bible is his source of information.

8) He deploy the idea of running his BH is two phases.  One before getting 500 nests and after that he will make sure that those young birds generated inside his BH will not run away.

He recently posted a few wonderful photos taken in the evening.

Please enjoy this pictures:








No comments: