Friday, May 1, 2015
Moving Birds Colony From One Spot To Another Spot !!!
During my inspection I discovered something unusual and something have to be done to correct the issue.
What I discovered was that those tenants preferred a place that is not proper and not safe.
The owner allocated two shop lots and yet those wild birds preferred to stay away from the desired room.
My objective for this particular BH is not only to double its nests to 700 but I wanted them to move to the VIP room.
What I recommended the owner of this BH to carry out are as follows:
1) Realigned the wall inside the nesting room. Current door position is making those swiftlet difficult to turn and enter the rooms. A new door which provide an easier flying in path was opened.
2) The place where they are used to should be brighten up so that they will not like to stay there any more. The best method is to widen the second window to become a door about 3' by 7 '. If possible a bulb is to be installed to make sure the area is bright during the day time.
3) The best way to pull those birds to the far end of the nesting room is to have those external sound tweeters properly and precisely located.
4) The VIP room must be darkened with proper walls erected.
5) The VIP room will have more internal sound tweeters.
6) The VIP room will be installed with many fake nests.
7) The VIP room floor will be slightly wet.
8) The VIP room will be laced with bird shit on its floor.
9) The VIP room will be the coolest place in the entire BH.
The sketch for the revamped BH will look something like this:
at May 01, 2015