Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Kepong Revamped BH Is Three Weeks Old With 5 New Markings !!!



In less then a month the Kepong BH, after revamp works, is progressing very well.

Within 3 weeks there were five new markings. The owner was full of praised on what I did but I told him that it could have been better if those sound amplifiers behaves.

It seem that two of the three amplifiers were not playing those sound in accordance to the timing set.

If they runs as per my setting I might have bring in more then 10 new marking within the same period.

The BH was officially put back into operation on October 23rd 2009.

Revamp works started on Oct 15th 2009 with special focus in reducing the internal temperature, the flying path correction, the BH nesting room darkness, placement of external sound tweeters, additional nesting planks, installation of those soundless humidifiers and additional internal sound tweeters.

Immediately after the revamp I use those medley sounds that I invented.

Every two days I took the time to observe the BH from the outside focusing mainly on the movements of those wild birds on the rooftop, entering and coming out.

The first few days the number of birds jumping in were more then 150 birds. After stabilizing their number now was around 50 birds.

That is like a 100% increase from only 12 nests initially.

Yesterday I started the aroma therapy but prior to that I did some old nests harvesting and insert those metal corner covers to about 6 nests.

My aim is to divert those birds to build the metal cover, perhaps 50% on the nesting plank and 50% metal cover.

During nest harvesting I make sure that there were adequate nest left overs on the affected corners.

The aroma therapy will be my main job now. I will be visiting the BH once a week, I choose Friday, to apply the aroma and monitor the number of nests multiplied.

I used those white stickers to highlight those old nests plus markings and red stickers for any new markings.

Will continue reporting on the BH progress........


Donation: I am sure you have learned something after reading this article. If you feel that the lesson learned deserved an encouragement you can contribute a some donation to this account: Yayasan Kebajikan Nah Sabah, 100930010038410 at Allied Bank, Malaysia.

No comments: