Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lots Of Birds Entering But Only Two Nests !!!


How do you know that your BH have lots of AF visitors?

How come they are not staying?

"Pak Harry my dad has one of our shop house converted and after more then one year there are only two nests. Recently we bought your Black Cloud and there were so many birds entering but again they refuse to stay. Can you have a good look and recommend what need to be done?"

I make my way to Tanjung Malim to visit the sick BH and hoping to figure out what when wrong with a 1.5 years old BH.

There were not much surprises.

The moment I entered the BH I was very surprised with the construction of the nesting planks and the orientation.

I took a deep breath and told the owner that he has employed a hit and run consultant. The way the nesting planks were laid (wrong direction) and those gaps with the ceiling were atrocious, unprofessional and making money with no regards to the investor.

The room brightness was glaring. Ronaldo can easily kick and target the entrance hole with ease, I told him.

When we inspected the roving areas, I was stunned. There were so many shit markings on the walls. All the four walls were with thousands of shit markings.

These marking tells you that they came but they refuse to stay.

The tweeters arrangement were all not proper and the type of tweeters used were the same for both internal and external sound. Hmm ....hmmm....

I do not fancy those amplifiers used. They seem to have so many knobs on them and I wonder if the owner knows which knob is for what purpose. I tend to get confused too.

The amplifier setting was not proper and the internal sound was not those mating sound.

Hmmm...... again I was dead right and got the proper ideas on what to do with the BH.

After about one hour inspection I got a list of things that need to be carried out.

Stop those sound and clean up the floor. Remove those chicken coop humidifiers and dry up the floor.

Recommend the ceiling to be reinstalled within the box size to give the optimum nests per square foot.

He need to replace all those tweeters with a new type of tweeters and arrange as per my best recommendations.

The entrance hole will be something special. I recommended the "BuBu" trap entrance hole.

The bubu is similar to those fish trap design where once those birds enter the house they will stay until the next morning. The bubu will trap them for the day.

The amplifiers will be upgraded and more tweeters will be installed accordingly.

Two weeks and he will see the change, I told him.

Donation: I am sure you have learned something after reading this article. If you feel that the lesson learned deserved an encouragement you can contribute a some donation to this account: Yayasan Kebajikan Nah Sabah, 100930010038410 at Allied Bank, Malaysia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello sir Harry,
I just build my BH 3 months ago and constantly collecting bird shit from other successful owner for other state (not my successful neighbor BH)
My idea is to create both the “shit-ty” smell and environment in my BH to expedite the growth. I would soak the dry shit in a pail and on-and-off spread it on the wall.
You mentioned in your blog that the local birds make their territory on the wall by purpose & this is worrying me.
Do you think I should just leave my brand new BH as it is w/o spreading the shit?

Best Regards,
bengsiong@hotmail.com