Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

How Important Are Those 90* Corners !!!



Just take a good look at this picture and tell me everything that you can see.

To me this is a full house. Just imagine your new BH where all those 90* corners are totally taken up?

Those swiftlet simple loves to be at these 90* corners. I have given my views before but I just wanted to again stress the important of letting the 90* corners opened. Do not place those corner covers until such time when your house has about 300 nests or above.

Just take my word for it and you will see better result as compared to your next door neighbours who covered all his 90* corners.

Just think of two BHs side by side exactly the same design being put into operation at the same day. Which one do you think will get the fastest population growth? Will it be the one with covered 90* corners or the one who opt not to cover the angle?

If I were those birds I will go to the one with uncovered.

The idea is to give what want, during the beginning stage, so that they will choose to stay in your BH. Once the nests population hit your target number (300 nests) you cover all of them with a proper corner covers.

Remember my philosophy of Phase 1 of building the nests population. Give them whatever they like, all the goodies, that can make them choose to be your tenant.........

No comments: