Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kota Bahru Trip And My Visits To Some Interesting BHs Around It !!!



Since getting involved in Swiftlet Farming, I am very fond of Kota Bahru.

The town was declared to be the Islamic Town by the state but to me she is a Swiftlet City.

Beside the town areas there are many BHs in the outskirt which I managed to climb into.

One of the most interesting was in Tumpat, about 30 minutes away from KB, where an entrepreneur is in the process of building 20 units of BHs on it.

So far completed four and two more under construction. The information given was that once the 6 units are completed they owner plan to continue with the other 14.

It will soon be a new walet central in Kelantan after KB and Kuala Krai.







I was given the task to help in bringing in those wild birds into one of the unit located in the middle of the 6 newly build BHs.

The nest interesting BH was a DIY 5 stories building located about 15 minutes out of KB.



The owner thought it was just like making a piece of cake but after 2 years only one miserable nest and that's it.

I was told that he wanted to give up but then his son stumbled onto my blog. He came to know about my trip and asked me to help in determining the possible solution.

The building looks very nice from the outside but totally empty in the inside. The owner seem to be very scared of those burglars and climbing from one floor to the other is like a death trap.

There was nothing that can make those birds event enter the lower floors.

After 45 minutes, sat down with the son and wrote my long list of possible ways that they should look into upgrading.

Most important is not to give up and continuously get me to visit stop by for possible fine tuning.

Then I was taken to a 5 years old stand alone BH located very near to Pengkalan Chepa airport.

The first moment of meeting the owner, a young man who stays at the lower floor, he looks very unsure of his BH. His comment was that after five miserable years of hoping, he don't mind to try anything new.



I entered the house and took a closer look on the interior plus those LAL.

Interesting design with the LAL hole located diagonally. The floor configuration do effect my selection of the VIP room location.

I listed to him the things that might be of interest and hopefully he will follow the recommendations made.

I tried my new sound called "PYTHON". Instantly the birds gathered on the rooftop and followed by shooting into the entrance hole.

Hmm...... not bad. I stayed with him for almost 20 minutes to watch the actions above our head. With so many birds that came and flew in, the smile came back to his face. That was the kind of face that I usually left after every visit.

I keep assuring him that there is a very strong chances to revive the house. Try to take my advise and he will get the results he was hoping for.

He happily wrote a nice cheque for my service.

Back into KB town, I visited more then 5 BHs and three were under renovation. I was given the responsibility to inspect and provide any suitable comment of ensuring that the BHs will do well once put into operation mode.

I believed if there are birds flying constantly above your BH you should be able to pull in at least a few hundred if you know how to.

The chance is higher as compared to a BH located at a place with very little birds flying above.

I was also taken to Kuala Krai to view a row of a newly erected four stories shop house of which two units will be BHs. I was told that the owner wanted my good friend to install the sound system to ensure that those sibling from "Mek Soong" BH will come and stay.



Mek Soong BH was about 1.5 km away. I can see her BH from the front window of the new shop.

No comments: