Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nicotine Tained Nest !!!


I was in an old BH with only one miserable nest after a period of 2 years in operation.

Since the house cost the owner 300,000 and produced only one nest, I told him to look at the good side of the coin. He at least got one very expensive nest (RM300,000 plus 2 years interest). I suggested to him to carefully harvest it and frame in a see thru glass. He might want to hang it in his bedroom????

The only strange thing about the only nest was that the nest seem to be smeared with a black nicotine colored liquid which I am not sure why?

I have never come across this new finding before.

It might be the internal environment that reacted with the nest and turned them into nicotine color.

Very strange and hard to explain. How I wish it was red in color.

Enjoy looking at the picture and if you have any ideas why this phenomena happen please write in the comment.

Some Explaination worth to explore:

HoBlackCloud: regarding the topic (nicotine tainted nest)may be i can shed some clue.i was a timber inspector n co-ordinator for a plywood n sawn-timber fty.the nesting plank, if i m not mistaken comes from a meranti family namely -meranti sarang punai. this type of species oozes out a purplish liquid.u just look @the bottom part with a knot that release the liquid . this is just my conclusion.

No comments: