Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Trip To Sabak Bernam With George !!!


Sorry folks for not taking some time to write some new articles.

I was with Mr George, the President of Sabah Birdhouse Owners Associations and took him to see a couple of interesting places in Selangor and Perak.

George is from Sabak Bernam and currently choose Kota Kinabalu as his new home.

He got involved in swiftlet farming about two years ago and currently owned at least 10 BHs. Some were on JV basis.

He activated the SWIFTIN (the association) in KK and invited me over for a one day seminar.

That was last year with 75 attendees. I was very proud to be elected to be one of the association's "advisor".

During my time with him this weekend took some time to discuss about the next swiftlet talks. He has set a date, March 13, 2010, as the next round of talk. Prior to that I proposed to train two of the Association Staff to be BH maintenance and trouble shooting staff.

I need at least three days to get them to follow some guidelines on what to do during every visit to those BHs that need professional inspection and maintenance. The two will be able to assist all Association members in ensuring a healthy BH in operations.

Each visit will cost a small fee that will be decided by the Association.

I am very glad that he accepted my suggestion.

While in Sabak, I was taken to evaluate the possibility of converting two units of a newly built shop houses.

I was also given the opportunity to visit a newly converted BH which I think will fail. The owner spend more then 20K as consultancy fee and what they did were humiliation to be called a "consultant".

The room were so bright, the walls were not insulated, the ventilation hole were too many and large, the entrance hole and the LAL not at the right place and many more.

I begin to wonder how can they be so mean to these ignorant investors.

They should at least try to make it work but not just to put some false hopes to these poor guys.

What a shame......

Looking at the level of workmanship I think the contractor/consultant seem to have very little scientific knowledge. They can only base on luck !!!!

Just imagine if 95% of all these contractors/consultant are like them, the swiftlet industries will be doom....

No comments: