Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

Just How Effective Are Those Fresh Bird Shit !!!

If you happened to be new in swiftlet farming, you tend to be very negative about the word bird shit.

The word shit alone will make you feel very uncomfortable and sometime would like to ensure that you BH will be cleaned as your own house.

However if you read any book about swiftlet farming, bird shit seem to be a very important part of your BH.

If your BH is new,  those cement smell need to be eliminated or perhaps masked by bird shit water.

According to Achmad Fatick Marzuki the best way to prepare your new BH or those house that are still empty is to use either the swiftlet or serinti bird shit.

All you need to do, according to him, mix about 1 Kg with 1 liter of water and allow it to ferment for one day.

Apply only on the floor plus the walls but up to 1.5 meters from the floor up.  Never apply bird shit laced water on those nesting planks.

Those smell generated will make those birds feel at home.  We normally term it as stress reliever.

I have never carry out the bird shit application in a serious manner before.  What I normally do was to purchase perhaps about 10 bags (about 10 kg per bag) of bird shit and open the bags up and allow the smell to fill the nesting room.

I did this in Rawang and within a few days I can see new bird shit spots on the floor.

What if I apply say 2,000 kg of bird shit in my new BH?

Hmm.... I think it will be a good idea to try out.

To me it is not the cost that is prohibitive but where to get 2,000 kg of fresh bird shits?

Those who happened to read this article and do have a supplier please let me know.

I will be happy to buy some and let me try in some of the new BHs that are under my care.

Let us monitor the effects from the first day of its deployment.

If this method is successful, perhaps we can adopt this method and reduce the dependency on those man made aromas.

Yes I need 2,000 Kg and I am willing to pay for it.

Call this number if you wanted to help me to conduct my research. 017 755 1318

No comments: