Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Will A New Sound Affect The Old Tenants Inside My House???

"Pak Harry, I would like to change the external sound of my BH.  Will the new sound chase the old birds away?"

This was a very interesting question from a newbie who wanted to purchase a new sound for his BH.

Then again I got a call from a BH owner from a small town called Seratok, Sarawak.

"Pak Harry I wanted to thank you for your precious advise.  Remember I called you and asked your opinion about how to increase the number of nests in my BH.  You asked me to change the external sound and I did.  Within less then three weeks I got 3 new nests.  Thank you and thank you."

My frank advise to those who are facing stagnant nest number is to consider the following advise:

1) The moment the number of birds flying around the entrance hole started to diminish or getting to zero replace the external sound. 

2) Both the external and internal sounds are important.  Try to get the right combination.

3) You cannot go wrong if your new BH internal sound is  the Babyking.  This sound is a must for every new BH. It can be used as the internal and external.

4) Start you sound library even before you start your BH operation.  The best is to start with the Marvelous Cloud, Tongkat Ali, Lady Gaga, Super Jerantut.  For the internal get the Babyking, ColonyKing and Staywithme.

Remember sound is you very similar to putting an advertisement of your newly opened hotel.

People will know your hotel if your do a good advertising campaign.

No advertisement no tenant.  Please remember that.

Okay what happened to those old tenants when you change to a new sound.

My simple answer is to go back to basic.  Swiftlet, once they make up their mind to nest in a specific house, they will usually stays there for life.  If the house remains within the right micro habitats and little predators, they will never find a new place to move to.

Those sounds will not make them to fly away unless the sound you played is horribly wrong.  Good example to accidentally played the sound of those owl and not swiftlet.

I remember an incident in Ipoh when I recommended to upgrade a BH with only 50 nests.  After three months I called the owner asking for his BH progress.  His answer was, nothing happened even after those changes.

I told him that it cannot be. There must be something wrong with the house.

I make my way up to Ipoh and wanted to inspect the renovation works done.  The moment I open my car door and listened to the external sound I asked him where the hell did he got the external sound?

"Oh Pak Harry, I got the sound from my next door neighbor."

I told him that the sound he was playing was the bird call test sound "Duress".  Your neighbor sabotaged you and that can be the reason why there was no new tenant in his BH.  You are so stupid and all those birds are entering your neighbors BH.

When we entered for inspection the same old tenant were not effected by the Duress sound but those young birds keep their distance from entering the house.

Even those young babies hatched in the house run away.

The key lesson here is that even if you play the Duress sound those old tenant will not run away but new ones will chow.

From today please start listening to the duress sound and make sure you can recognize the sound.  Never run the sound as you external or internal sound.

No comments: