Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fungus On Your Nesting Planks !!!

 1st: "Pak Harry there are fungus on my BH nesting planks.  What should I do?"

It seem that the best way to get a fast  and clinical answer is to call Pak Harry.  He is a walking "Encyclopedia".

Beside the above got another call from Klang.

2nd: "Pak Harry how can I know if those birds flying above my shop are swiftlet?"

What about this:

3rd: "Pak Harry how come those birds keep flying in and out of my new BH?"

Then again:

4th: "Pak Harry I need a good sound and it must be effective in this town"

People please try to be a bit hard working.

All the answers are found in my blog.  Just insert your question in the google search on my blog you will get the answer.

As for the fungus on those nesting planks, I told him to firstly reduce the room humidity to about 95%.  Try to reduce the operation time of the humidifiers.

The next thing to do is to check how severe is the fungus attack.  It is the whole floor or just a few planks?

If it covers nearly 80% then it is better to replace them.

If a few you can either replace or perhaps put another layer of nesting planks on it.

I think to screw a piece of plank on the fungus infested will be faster.

You might want to apply those sodium propenate on them.  Some people uses those EM to apply on the affected surface.

To me the best is to screw a new piece of plank is safer.  I am not very sure if those birds likes the smell of EM or Sodium Propenate.

On the second question, the best is to get hold of the test gadget and play the "Duress" sound.  Once you play the call/test sound only Facifagus will response.

For the third question, my reply was to relook at the external tweeter arrangements.  The birds tend to rush out when there is no follow up tweeters to pull them into the house.

For the 4th, I told him to use duress sound.  It is effective and there will be many birds coming to the roof top however I cannot guarantee that those facifagus will enter their BH.

All other sounds are difficult to predict.  They can be good in one area but have nothing at other areas.  The only way to get the right sound is to engage Pak Harry to come over for half a day to conduct the sound test.

Yesterday a BH owner in Bukit Beruntung engaged my service and we ran about 15 different sounds from my collection.

Out of the many only five show some kind of effectiveness.

The good thing was that the owner was very happy to watch how those sounds pull the birds to his rooftop and they do entered his BH.

After the test he make the final decision which sounds were suitable for his BH and he cannot go wrong since the sounds were played using his amplifiers and his BH tweeters.

I only charge a small fee for my professional time plus I provide free  inspection inside his BH and provide tips on what he should do to improve the house.

Use your common sense in finding the effective sounds for your BH.  You already spend a couple of hundred thousands and to be "Kiasu" in getting the right sounds is not the right way.

Remember I am not saying that you should only get Pak Harry, you can get other people if they are sincere and willing to share or sell their sounds.

(In this swiftlet farming industry who do you think is willing to share their favorite sounds?)

The following Test Log was used during the test :

Bird Sounds Test Results

Owner of BH: ………………………………….
Address         : ………………………………….
Date of test    :…………………………………..
Time of Testing : ………………………………

Results

No
Name Of Sound
Excellent
Good
Average
Poor
1
Godsend




2
Black SS




3
LadyGaga




4
Tiger2




5
Special2010




6
TongkatAli




7
KingKong




8
Kathy




9
DHoney




10
GoldPot




11
Silver Bullet




12
SriKepong




13
Diamond




14
NobodyButYou




15
Marvelous Cloud




16
TenByTen




17
Super Jerantut




18
D'President




19
Shooting Star




20
Black Cloud




 21
 Definite




 22
 Superstorm





Excellent: 30 birds or more.  Good: 20 birds. Average: 10 birds. Poor: 2 birds and below

No comments: