Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Second Day In Vietnam !!!

I was taken to a town called "Go Cong".

Mr J wanted my advise on his new BH project on a piece of land just beside the padi field and about 300 meters from the town area.

Just before arriving we took a walk in the small town.

There were a number of them at one specific location.  It seem that among them there was this BH, a two stories house, where those birds entered and started colonising them even without any sound being played.  That was about 15 years ago.

Now many enterpreneurs try to build larger BHs around the unit.

While walking along a small street some one called me by name.

"Are you Pak Harry from Kuala Lumpur? Welcome to Vietnam.  I have been reading your famous blog everyday and tried the latest you wrote the "Hanging Garden".

I was not suprised but very happy to note that there are more and more people from Vietnam who are reading my blog.

He allowed me to enter the data room and show me the CCTV screen of his BH.

From the external views plus a few internal pictures shown I have the following remarks (my personal opinion):

1) Nearly 90% of the BHs in GoCong uses the side entries type. 

2) The entrance holes were too small and not big enough for those birds to fly in and out at the same time.  They should have enlarge the hole buy at least three times of the current size of about 2.5 feet X 1feet.  It seem that there are too many owls and those small holes are good for protection.

3) Most of those BHs have this weired placement of tweeters around the small hole.  They placed those big tweeters below the hole or on the roof top.  With so small an entrance hole there is not enough space to install the tweeters around the hole perimeter.

4) The town seem to be regularly hit with electricity stoppages.  The only best way to operate the BH with lesser interuptions is to install those back up batteries.  During my visit most of those with no sound have very little birds circling around the entrance hole.

After the trip came back to HCM and met two interesting blog readers who wanted to say hello.

One of them was a young man who met me in Kuala Lumpur about 2 years ago.  He was studing in Singapore but took a short trip to meet me and I took him for a one day tour to Kuala Selangor.  I did talked to him on the entrance hole direction which he asked his father to change the direction.  Just three weeks after the changing the birds started to enter the hoouse.  Now the same house have a total of 3,000 birds.

I planned to test the new aroma "MysecretRCP" at this BH to see its effectiveness today.

The secong young man is still working and wanted some advises which can help him to go to the next steps.

I told him to upgrade his knowledge by reading and attending those important Seminars and Workshops.

Get the knowledge and prepare to be a successful swiftlet farmer.

No comments: