Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

A Recipe For A Disaster !!!

Something that I would like to share with all my blog readers.

I am now in Ho Chi Min city of Vietnam.  Just about to bath but prefer to write something that was discussed with me yesterday evening.

One of Mr J parner build two BHs in Vietnam.  After 100 days there were only about 100 nests in the house.

"Pak Harry, we know for sure there were at least 2,000 birds staying in the house but how come only 100 nests?"

I was a bit curious why such thing can happen.  I asked Mr. J for any pictures inside the BH plus any other pertinent informations to help my diagnosis on the problems faced by the BH.

Yes he got some recent pictures taken.

I took some time to figure out the possible reasons and wa la now I can see why.

First the BH was so big and so bare.  Nothing fancy inside, very little tweeters, no external tweeters inside, little humidifiers, little fresh birdshit on the floor, the nesting planks were those very thin (3") type, and what really suprised me was when the origin of the consultant.

Something more to add was that the LAL (hole to push the birds downstairs) was not properly located.

"Pak Harry my friend used a consultant from Thailand and they cannot communicate due to no common language they can used.  So the Consultant brought with him two interpreters.  One who can will interprete the thai language into chinese and then another interpreter to translate the chinese into english.  So every sentence discussed will need to jump at least two person before the other person know what were the other was talking."

What a mess.  I would say that this might be the possible reason why the BH was not properly done.

By now there should be at least 1000 nests or marking in total and not 100.

I will be meeting the owner of the BH on the 19th Sept 2010 and will try to convince him what he should have done to accelerate the nests multiplication.

No comments: