Search This Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Strange Attack On Styrofoam Fake Nests !!!

I happened to visit two BHs in Batu Pahat and Ayer Itam, Johor recently.

During my visit, inside both BHs, I can see something strange that I was not sure the reason why.

Those fake nests made from white Styrofoam seem to be attacked by some kind of birds that entered the house.  It could be those swiftlet or maybe other species.

In the beginning I did not take any notice and brushed aside the observation.

However last night while having a small discussion with a couple who happened to have BHs in Kuala Selangor and Kedah a question was raised to me as follows:

"Pak Harry one of my BH have a very strange happening.  It seem that the Styrofoam fake nests on the third floor were being attacked by a kind of birds or creatures that are alien to the house.  They will bite or clawed away the nest as if wanted to remove them from the nesting planks.  The broken parts of the nest can me seen on the floor.  Nearly all the nests will be jagged and as if been eaten away by those birds.  What do you think was happening?"

My frank answer to them was that I did observed the same thing but never gave any though on the cause.

The best way to get the right answer is to use your CCTV to catch the exact cause of those fake nest chipping away.

It could be those birds that wanted to colonies the house and feel that they need to remove other colony's nests?

The best is still to track the actual happening using CCTV camera.

At the moment the solution indicated was to quickly remove all these fake nests from the affected floor.

Maybe others who read this article can help to solve the problem......

(Best  answer so far:  It could be those cockroaches bitting those styrofoam fake nests)

No comments: