Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Damaged Nests Due To Gekos !!!

(Nest being eaten away by Gecko)

I was in a BH in Nilai a few weeks back.

I noticed something unusual with a number of nests in this 2 years old BH with about 380 nests in total.

The affected nests seems to have been ripped apart by something.

At first I thought it might be due to those young birds clinging at the edge and perhaps they fell down due to maybe being too brittle.

However the house was pretty wet with the wet floor I constructed.

I took a ladder to do my CSI inspection.

I told the owner there must have been the chewed by something.  I predicted it was by a big lizard, the gecko.

The owner was not amused with my prediction and he was cock sure there is no such animal in his BH.

Okay let me do some more checking, I told him.

There were more then three spots where the nests were torn away as if being chewed away by this predator.

I told myself to keep looking around those wood corners.

Hola !!!

I found it and it was a medium sized gecko that was hiding inside the toilet room at the back of the entrance door.

I called the BH owner and showed it to him proving that I was right from the beginning.

These geckos can be a big nuisance to your BH.  First they will eat the nests, then they will start swallowing those eggs.  Soon enough they will be feeding on those newly hatched babies.

Get rid of them and the best is to kill them with catapult.

An interesting point to let all of you know is that if the Geckos found in your BH are with reddish spots on their body, please keep it to yourself. Don't kill them but let me know so that I can offer your a special offer.  I need it alive.

You wanted to know why?

Call me at 017 755 1318 so that I can give you the hint......




No comments: