Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Another Sick BH At Terong Perak !!!



Another troubled BH with only about 25 nests after 18 months into operation.

The affected BH was somewhere in a small town called Kampung Temerloh, Terong, Perak.

Due to very poor knowledge about swiftlet farming the owner trace a friend from Setiawan to recommend someone who can fix his problem.

The contractor told the owner not to enter the BH for 18 months.

This was when I came into the picture.

I was highly recommended to him by his personal friend who happened to be my student and a practicing Doctor.

"If Harry cannot help your BH now one can do any better !!" a phrase used by the doctor.

I took some time to locate the remote small town.

After doing my routine inspection work I told the owner of why those birds were not staying.

Those who stayed were refusing to pay their rental fee.

I told the owner that most BH consultants are not more that a building contractor.

They have very little idea about how to populate the BH they just erected.

The amount of effort allocated to complete the BH was not adequate.

The BH could have at least 300-500 nests if it was properly done from day one, I told him.

The hill top location was the BH strong point and it could have easily pulled all those birds foraging their food around the BH.

Twenty five nests after 18 months into operation is not right to me.

For this particular BH I told the owner that all the three floors were just too bright.

There was not a single partition wall to block those bright light coming from two windows.

The BH looks very much the same as the so many fail BHs I have inspected before.

The sound system were too basic with two simple amplifiers.

One playing the external sound and the other playing the internal sound (24 hrs).

There is no way the internal sound amplifier can last very long, I told him.

The external sound were only played at the entrance hole and nothing along the staircase and inside those nesting rooms.

The number of humidifiers were not adequate.

The nesting planks seems to show some attack from those fungus.

The internal sound playing tweeters were not properly located and too little.

I told him what he should do and I would be very happy to provide my assistance.

After a few glasses of special coffee he told me to mobilize my workers to quickly do the needful.

I have to ask him to let me finish the other two more that are waiting for my services.

I think I am going to have a very busy months for now.

Five BHs needed my services and I am sure there will be a few more soon.

I know if I should complete all these five BHs their nests population will double within 4-5 months,

This objective is not very difficult.

My desire is to triple the nests population within 12 months after revamping.  This will be my exciting challenges.

If I can do this I will be the greatest swiftlet consultant.


No comments: