Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2014

Inspected A BH At Tanjung Karang Selangor !!!



Today at about 2:00 pm inspected a three stories BH located somewhere at Tanjung Karang Selangor.

The owner happened to participate in one of my Swiftlet Farming Seminar not long ago.

His main concern was why after 3 years his BH nests population grew very little after touching about 100 nests.

I took about 45 minutes to carry out my investigation and came out with about 10 pages preliminary report about what I found out about his BH.

I told him that his BH design and its orientation were all correct.

The best thing that I indicated to him was the LAL between the top and the middle and also the second LAL were correctly located.

Those birds once they take their dip to the lower floor will go down straight to the bottom.

I told him that there will be a lot of birds staying at the ground floor.

He confirmed my prediction and told me that more than half of those birds were on the ground floor.

Each floor were installed with a number of partition walls however they were just too many.

It should have been more simplified and lesser obstructions, I suggested to him.

The existing doors created by those partitions were a bit too large.

One obvious mistake which I concluded that makes most of those young birds are not returning home after taking their first flight have some thing to do with the BH wetness.

The BH, after 3 years into operation, are too dry and something serious need to be looked into how to make the BH wet or humid.

I suggested two ideas and he promised to look into it as soon as possible.

The BH urgently needed a good number of humidifiers and all the floors and internal walls need to be rinse with cool water.

All the humidifiers must be operated using humidity sensor and set at 85%RH.

The monkey house areas need some additional external sound playing hexagonal tweeter, power tweeters and perhaps two bazookas.

The staircase need to be installed with a number of external sound tweeters to pull more birds to the lower floor.

One of the BH big error was to play the external sounds only around the monkey house and none inside the nesting rooms.

I told him to try installing a number of external sound playing tweeters inside the rooms and focus more at the doors and the VIP room ceiling areas.

There were a bunch more ideas that I suggested to him and I assured him that if he followed my list of recommendations his nests population shall double within 4-5 months.

Within 12 months he might see a 300% increment if he is lucky to follow up with all the things that I told him to carry out.

Overall he was very happy with my report and would like me and my workers to start work like yesterday.

I beg him to let me finish a few more BHs that were recently awarded asking for my services.









If you happen to own a BH with very little nests call me at 017 7551318

No comments: