Search This Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Swiftlet Breeding And Release Inside Your BH SOP !!!





Last week received a call from a party who is carrying out a research on how to breed swiftlet and release inside an empty BH.

I told him to wait for me so that I can listen to the progress he reached so far.

I have in some way engaged him to carry out the research about 8 months ago and he did his research quietly.

My main objective was to know exactly how to breed those baby birds and how to release them inside an empty BH.

If he can complete the operating procedures, it will be something good to be shared with all those who owned BHs but with little nests inside.

I help him with the raw nests supplies and what he was asked to concentrate was to hatch them and feed them with food.

Once they reach about two weeks or so he need to move them into a special release room inside a BH.

He will continue feeding and once they are able to fly, let them fly out of the BH.

He tried nearly three times.

The first two went out of control and all those little hatch-ling died within a few short weeks.

The third batch seems to be okay and they have started to grow feathers.

He noted a few important thing about those baby birds.

They need proper temperature when they are without their feathers and once those feathers grew the temperature have to be reduced to about 28*C.

I think if everything goes well a brief SOP will be ready within a couple more weeks.

This SOP will be further tested and check if it will really work.

All these research will be shared with all those who are keen to populate their BH using Translocation technique.

Call me if you have the urge to use this technique.

My phone number is 017 7551318.

No comments: