Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

How Many BHs are There Around Tanjung Karang BH ?

(The green colored monkey house unit above a BH with on and off  external sound)

On the very first day that I landed at Tanjung Karang BH I saw at least three BHs along the same access road.

The nearest was about 80 meters away.

I walked along the road to check how many BHs were there and found that there were 4 BHs on the same stretch of road.

All the four were three stories high and about 30' X 80' in size.

They became like an eco park to me.

My workers while installing those hexagonal tweeters did some audit and when he came down he said that he can count at least 9 units all over the place.

While taking a good rest I met the owner's father.

I asked him how many BHs are there in the vicinity.

His bold answer was at least 100 units excluding at Sekinchan area which was very closed by which has almost 400 units.

You can imagine how competitive it is to draw those birds into one BH.

You need to compete and if you do little or nothing you will surely fail.

I took some pictures of all the four BHs competing with this BH which I was engaged to revamp.

Just imagine how are they going to increase the nests inside.

(the oldest among the 5 BHs along the same road)

(The seems to be the largest among the five with two entrance holes)



(This seems to be the loudest in its sound but soon the revamp unit will take over)



No comments: