Just wanted to share some very interesting progress on the Tanjung Karang BH revamp operation.
The first day the estimated number that entered the BH from about 7:00 pm till 7:45 pm was about 300 birds.
However the second day the number shot up to 430 birds for the same duration.
The only difference between the first and the second was the additional tweeters installed around the monkey house and the veranda.
The BH owner was happy to watch those birds entering his BH.
I think the target I set might be a bit too low.
If I choose a 100% increase it will be about 87 new nests.
Now I am looking at about 430 divide by 2 equals 215 minus 87 nests equal to 128.
This looks like getting a 147% up.
I think it is possible.
The good news was that the BH was below the birds flying path home.
Every 4 months there will be a brand new sets of young birds and they are waiting to be tapped.
My next mission now is to do the needful in order all those new birds who entered will stay and be new tenants.
The following things will be implemented on all the three floors:
1) The entrance hole facing the roof water pond will be reduced to about 3 feet wide to reduce the amount of light and at the same time assist those birds to have a better flying angle into the hall.
2) The connecting door between the hall and the nesting room will also be reduced from current 7 feet to 4 feet wide. Main objective is to force those new birds to fly above the LAL. It will also reduce the amount of light entering the nesting room areas.
3) The wall at the roving areas will be painted black to reduce the amount of light reflecting into the nesting room areas.
4) The connecting doors at all the nesting rooms will be reduced to minimize light pollution.
5) The excess partitions walls inside the nesting rooms will be dismantled which will improve the room size.
6) All nesting corners that were facing the flying path will be removed. The removal will increase the number of 90* corners. This is where those young couples love to start their first nest.
7) The internal tweeters arrangement will be from single to clusters. These clusters will be carry out on double or triple crossings jump.
8) There will be a lot of fake nests both the rectangular and triangular in shape.
9) All the installed fake nests will be applied with Super Pheromone.
10) I plan to apply the super pheromone liquid on some of the nesting planks.
With all these special arrangements those young couples will have a very tough decision not to stay in this BH.
What more when the external sounds are so melodious and lovely to hear.
Let see what happen after 6 months.
Call me if you owned a BH and now doing well. 0177551318