Search This Blog

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Some New Areas That I Wanted To Test In The Next Revamp BH !!!



I have finally found out that a 3D printing company is located not very far from my house (15 mins drive).

What I did was to submit to them my sketch and wait for their respond.

Three days ago I email a short message plus a few sketches which I wanted this company to draw it in 3D for my use.

On the same day I received a reply.

She is only free after 5 pm and I now plan to meet her to discuss on a few 3D printing projects.

The first will be the 90* corner fake nest.

The second will be the 180* fake nest.

The third will be a corner cover that can be used to cover the 90* corner put will produce 180* nest.

My idea is to contract the design work with them and produce at least 10- 15 pieces for each product.

Once that is done will carry out some test at a number of BH that is under my care.

If the 3D printed product are accepted by those wild birds I plan to buy a printer so that I can produce them at home.

This is some interesting idea that I have been thinking of doing for quite some time.

The 3D printing company seems to start this kind of arrangement recently and I think this will benefit a lot of people.

If everything goes to plan I will bring this gadget and display at the next swiftlet farming seminar.

Let me tidy up the sample with the company this coming week and let see how fast they can come out with the printed material.


No comments: